Sunday, May 15, 2011

File Sharing**

In class we had a discussing the ongoing issue about file-sharing. LimeWire was our main focus; they recently shut down because of illegally allowing people to obtain songs online without paying for them. LimeWire now could end up paying damages of over $1 billion. Before LimeWire closed down, I was probably one of their biggest customers because I always would download the music from their site. I would do it because the CDs were not out yet and I heard there was a website that lets you download the song for free. My grandmother always told me nothing in life is free, but when I saw “download your favorite songs for free” it caught my eye.  Whenever I see free, I am going to go for it. I think if it was not free I would not download them, I would just wait until the CD comes so I could buy it. It is a shame how much LimeWire has to pay, just because of their customers downloading, even though I was one of them. Ever since LimeWire shut down I have not illegally downloading music from one of a similar website to LimeWire. The reason I do not do that anymore is that; I do not want the police come to my house and take my computer, make me pay a fine, or arrest me for something so little.

No comments:

Post a Comment